And, if it matters, there are no eggs in the recipe.
Margaritas obviously don't include dairy products, but after tasting this ice cream, you might think they should. You can taste the strawberry and lime and tequila, but it's not as sharp as a margarita - the dairy mellows it nicely.
With the strawberries, you can opt to leave the seeds in. Personally, I don't like strawberry seeds in ice cream. The lime oil I use comes in a small bottle like extract and gives the flavor you'd get from lime zest. It's not lime-flavored olive oil. If you can't find lime oil, you can use lime zest instead, or simply leave it out.
No-Cook Strawberry Margarita Ice Cream
Juice of 1 lime
2 cups heavy cream
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon lime oil
2 tablespoons tequila
1 cup strawberry puree*
In a medium bowl, combine the condensed milk and lime juice. Whisk to combine. It will thicken a lot. Add the heavy cream, whisking to combine.
Add the salt, lime oil, tequila, and strawberry puree and whisk until completely combined.
Refrigerate the mixture until it is fully chilled - at least 4 hours or overnight.
When the mixture is chilled, churn it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer it to a storage container and freeze until firm.
*To make the strawberry puree, blend about 2 cups of strawberries in your blender until it's as smooth as it can be, then pass it though a fine strainer to remove the seeds. You need 1 cup of puree for this recipe.
This post is part of Sunday Supper, with the theme of #BeatTheHeat. These are all the participating bloggers this week:
- Refreshing Chunky Shrimp Salsa ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Totally Cool Green Hummus ~ My Kitchen and I
- Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites ~ Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon and Goat Cheese Bites ~ Chelsea's Culinary Indulgence
- Strawberry Gazpacho ~ Diabetic Foodie
- Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins ~ In the Kitchen with KP
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad ~ Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Cool Cucumber Salad ~ Momma's Meals
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna ~ Shockingly Delicious
- Hungarian Cucumber Salad Recipe - Uborkasaláta Recept ~ The Watering Mouth
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese ~ Cooking's Good Vegetarian Cafe
- Char-Grilled Corn Salad ~ The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Gazpacho ~ The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Summertime Sweet Pea Salad ~ Granny's Down Home Southern Cooking
- Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw ~ Damn Delicious
- Cold Cucumber and Rice Salad ~ Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Chilly Dilly Cucumber Soup with Shrimp ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Mom's Creamy Pea Salad ~ Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Greek (Yogurt) Potato Salad ~ Family Foodie
- Rainbow Slaw with Steak and Chipotle Crema ~ Cooking By The Seat of our Pants
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken ~ Make Dinner Easy
- Rolling with Kimbap ~ Kimchi Mom
- Ranch Chicken Tacos ~ Pippi's In The Kitchen Again
- Serrano Ham, Mozzarella and Arugula Sandwiches ~ Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Asian Veggie Lettuce Wraps ~ The Lemon Bowl
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No Bake Pizza ~ The Meltaways
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Supper for a Steal
- No-Cook Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Peach Sorbet ~ Magnolia Days
- Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Ice Cream ~ No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Icebox Chocolate Pie ~ Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey and Elderflower Ice Cream ~ Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Blackberry Lavender Popsicles ~ Girlichef
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Strawberry-Lime Margarita Ice Cream ~ Cookistry
- Elegant Fruit Jellies ~ Happy Baking Days
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Baker Street
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt ~ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Espresso and Toasted Almond Semifreddo ~ The Messy Baker
- Mango Ice Cream ~ Queen's Notebook
- Raspberry Mousse ~ Basic and Delicious
- White Apricot & Honeysuckle Sorbet ~ Family Spice
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Juanita's Cocina
- Shirley Temple ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coco-Limeade ~ What Smells So Good?
- Prickly Pear White Wine Spritzer ~ Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Classic Daquiri ~ Katherine Martinelli
- Salty Lassi ~ Soni's Food for Thought
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade ~ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie ~ Daily Dish Recipes