I recently introduced myself to hot buttered rum, an old fashioned drink that's warm and comforting and perfect for a cold winter night, snuggled up with a blanket and a good book. Or the TV remote. Or whatever.
But then I thought, gee, why just butter? Why not add a little something more? Like chocolate. because that goes well with both chocolate and rum.
MMmm. Rum balls. If you happen to have a batch of those cookies sitting around, they'd be a perfect little nibble to go with this drink.
Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum
1 teaspoon butter
1 ounce white rum
1 ounce chocolate syrup
4 ounces hot water
Put the butter, rum, and chocolate syrup in a heatproof glass. Add the hot water and stir until the butter is melted. If you have one of those little drink frothers, you can build a nice little topping of foam on the drink.
Or, if you want to be really decadent, put a little (or big) dollop of whipped cream on top.
Other Fabulous Bloggers Mixing It Up for Cocktail Day:
- Pomegranate Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Egyptian Martini by Cooking In Stilettos
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frosty Lemon Drop Martini by The Hopeless Housewife
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- Iced Cake Martini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Le Jardinier by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mandarin Mulled Wine by Food Babbles
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Gin Fizz by Crumb
- Muddled Rosemary and Pineapple Cocktail by My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Martini by The Pink Flour
- Peach Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Margarita by Miss in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Safe Sex on the Beach by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Side Car with Dried Cherries by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Winter Fruit White Wine Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Lola's Kitchen