Sure, you've seen plenty of stuffed olives, but think about it. Most - if not all - stuffed olives are green. Stuff some plain black olives and people will think you're a genius. It's unexpected, while at the same time it's very familiar.
But what would you stuff a black olive with? Cheese is good. I started with some chevre. Then I decided it needed some spice. Captain Spongefoot's Sriracha Z Table Sauce was perfect.
You don't need a lot of ingredients for something like this. The olives are a little salty, the cheese is tangy, and the sauce adds spice.
This post was written for Fooducopia. For more information, see the tab at the top.
Stuffed Black Olives
2 ounces chevre
1 teaspoon Captain Spongefoot's Sriracha Z Table Sauce
Several grinds white pepper
Milk (as needed)
Drain the olives and pat dry.
In a small bowl, combine the chevre, sriracha, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add milk to thin it out just enough so you can pipe the mixture into the olives. Or, if you have an olive stuffer, you don't need the milk.
Taste for seasoning, and add more sriracha if you want spicier olives.
Using a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off, or an olive stuffer, fill the olives with the cheese mixture.
This post is part of #SundaySupper. Want to see more?
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Red/white/blue German Obstkuchen (fruit-topped cake) German Foodie
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
- Red White and Blue Triffle Cravings of a Lunatic
Fabulous Pairings by Martin from ENOFYLZ